[Debconf-announce] DebConf18 bids - DebConf Committee

Dear all,

Please be aware that the DebConf18 bids deadline has now passed and that
there are two bidders:

- Hisnchu (Taiwan) - https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf18/Bids/Hsinchu
- Curitiba (Brasil) - https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf18/Bids/Curitiba

This is how the DebConf18 team decision will happen:

# →2016-31-12 — DebConf Committee determination

The DPL and myself (in my current position as DebConf Committee Chair), will
determine a refreshed DebConf Committee [0], put in charge of determining what
team will  organize DebConf18.

We intend to be able to announce  the DebConf Committee composition before the
end of 2016. If you are interested, please contact any of us two!

# ~ 2017-01-15 — Bid status meeting
# ~ 2017-02-15 — Venue decision meeting

Once the DebConf Committee will have been formed, I will launch polls to
determine the precise timestampts for the two decision meetings (according to
[1]).  The "rough target" dates are mid-January, and mid-February.

In any case, all interested parties are invited to read all the
documentation put up by the Bid Teams, and ask all relevant questions on
the DebConf-Team list, starting… now!

Cheers,
OdyX

[0] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf_Committee