[Debconf-announce] NEEDED: Monetary Transactions Coordinator

Hi,

In addition to the MANY IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER NEEDS (*hint hint*) Biella
has been emailing about, I need to delegate to someone the coordination
of monetary transactions at the front desk. This will primarily involve
selling food tickets to pay-per-meal attendees, as well as things like
extra t-shirts and some merchandise like stickers; giving out quarters
for laundry use in exchange for $1 bills and coins; and accepting
donations for DebConf, Debian, and SPI.

I will want to meet with this person briefly to go over certain
considerations about the need to keep track of things precisely and not
lose track of money or merchandise, after which they can come up with
some sane and workable system. Once they have figured this out, they
should run it by me or Michael Schultheiss to ensure that it will work
for SPI, and then Just Make It Happen(tm). Attending an orga meeting to
receive feedback from the DC10 organizers would also be appreciated.

Any takers! It's actually an interesting job; I did it last year.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debconf.org