[Debconf-announce] Day Trip Redeux

Please read this email carefully. It includes information about how to
register for the DayTrip and jabs at friends that I would be really sad if
they were missed.

Due to overwhelming (yes, really!) positive response to the Day Trip, I have
only the choice to create a wiki page with details (that I have yet to do,
but it is forthcoming, keep an eye out for it!). The number is... much
larger... than I had anticipated, and has rapidly outgrown my ability to
keep track through verbal and email committment. However, with Ganneff's
help, we have a way for you to tell us you would like to go! Yay Ganneff!

DETAILS:
We will be leaving Edinburgh Waverly Station sometime between 9 and 9:30 am
on Wednesday morning. Our train will take us to Glasgow, where we will catch
another train to Wemyss Bay. From there, we will take a Ferry to Bute
Island. The total travel time is approximately 3 hours. You can spend as
much time as you like on the island. We will provide information for
everyone to be able to return at their leisure. Please bear in mind that the
return time will also be 3 hours, so the length of the trip will be entirely
up to you. If you wish to spend 2 hours on the island, that gives you at
least 8 hours from the conference venue. We will be sure that everyone has
emergency phone numbers in the event of confusion.

Food will be entirely up to you. I have no information as to the
availability of vegan or vegetarian meals either on the trains or on the
island itself. We will be visiting a small town on the island, who is sure
to have at least one grocery store, however we can make no guarantees. We
encourage you to bring snacks with you in the event that available lunch
does not agree with you, but upon arriving on the island, you should be able
to find food at the grocery store.

REGISTERING:
In your original PentaBarf registration[0], there was a question about
whether you wished to attend the DayTrip. Regardless of what you chose, that
option has been toggled to "no". We felt this was the easiest way for people
who didn't realize there would be a cost to not feel pressured by me sending
Debian thugs out to collect money (I'm sorry, noodles, I know you were
looking forward to it). You will need to choose the option "yes" if you wish
to attend the DayTrip despite what you chose when originally registering.
Please do this as soon as possible.

COST AND PAYING:
I gave an original estimation of 20 GBP per person for the trip. After much
discussion, I doubt we can get that cost down this quickly, so the cost of
travel will be 20 GBP. This cost includes train AND ferry tickets, but no
food prices.

SPONSORED FOOD PEOPLE: Please bring your 2 meal tickets for Wednesday with
you to the registration desk SOMETIME AFTER DINNER (please be kind to the
registration people). Those TWO tickets will be count for 10GBP FOR THIS
TRIP ONLY. The remainder of the trip cost will be 10GBP for a total of
20GBP. We need to know by tonight if you are joining us. (Monday)

NON-SPONSORED FOOD PEOPLE: Please bring 20 GBP with you to the registration
desk SOMETIME AFTER DINNER (please be kind to the registration people) today
(Monday).

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not pay, you are not confirmed to attend. You can
still come with us, but you will need to buy your own tickets at the train
station.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask either Moray or me. And
please be kind to the registration desk people.

Thank you!
Patty

P.S.
Remember to take a copy of the Linux magazine upstairs!

[0] https://penta.debconf.org

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski