[Debconf-announce] Room allocation for DebConf7

Hi everybody,

Marga, aj and I will be doing room allocation for Debconf this year.

We'll have accommodation in two backpackers' hostels a few minutes' walk away
from Teviot:
- Cowgate Tourist Hotel
- Budget Backpackers
You can find more info about them on the website. [0]

We will have dorm rooms with 4 beds, 6 beds, 8 beds, 10 beds, and even 12 beds.
To distribute the people among the rooms so that it's as comfortable as
possible for everyone, we're asking all the people staying at the sponsored
allocation to please mail us their room preferences to rooms@debconf.org

Please state clearly:
 * Who you would like to share the room with.
 * Who you would NOT like to share the room with.
 * Whether would you rather be with people who speak your language or people
   who don't.
 * Whether would you rather be with people from your country or not.
 * What criteria would be "ok" (people from your own team: d-i, kernel,...)

The idea is to know your preferences so we can allocate the rooms in a way
that will make people happier.

Some important notes:
- Smoking inside the hostels is NOT allowed
- Couples will not be given private rooms, there is the option to ask to share
  with other couples.
- Since we need to use the full booking, we cannot guarantee to satisfy
  everyone's requests.

[0] https://debconf7.debconf.org/wiki/Accommodation

About DebConf:

DebConf is the Debian Project's developer conference. In addition to a
full schedule of technical, social and policy talks, DebConf provides an
opportunity for developers, contributors and other interested people to
meet in person and work together more closely. It has taken place
annually since 2000 in locations as varied as Canada, Finland and
Mexico.

DebConf is preceded by DebCamp, which is a smaller, less formal event
that gives an opportunity for group work on Debian projects. Between
both events, DebianDay takes place. DebianDay is a short conference
aimed at Debian users, and others interested in learning more about free
software.

About Debian:

The Debian Project is an association of Free Software developers
who volunteer their time and effort in order to produce the free
operating system Debian GNU/Linux.

About Edinburgh:

Edinburgh, voted best UK city for seven years running (Guardian
Travel Awards), is the capital of Scotland. DebConf7 will take
place in central Edinburgh, within the UNESCO World Heritage site.