[Debconf-announce] Let's have a Bugsquashing Party Night at Saturday

Hi.

Debconf is (at least for me) always a good time and place to work in
issues one has let slide the months before. So it should naturally be
a good place to work on a bit RC bug squashing, a task that is never
done enough.

People then to have enough work with their own projects and I myself
find it often difficult to stop working on mine to do some RC bug
squashing, especially in an isolated matter. Enrico brought up yesterday
at the Release managment BoF the idea to make a "Bug Squashing Party
Night", so that we can work on this together and probably have much
more fun at it this way. Sadly it is rather late in the progress of
this conference to set up something like that. But I will try
it none-the-less.

So the proposal is that we meet at Saturday (May, 20th) evening after
dinner in hacklab 2 and start to squash some RC bugs there as long as
anybody is up for it. Of course you are invited to join us at any later
time if you have other things to do before (like attending Joey's
zeroconf BoF) If you want to participate from hacklab 1 for
whatever reason, or if you actually prefer not to talk to people directly,
please join #debconf-bugs at our local IRC server (irc.mexico.debconf.org).

Any information useful for other participants, like packages you're
working on should be noted on
http://wiki.mexico.debconf.org/debconf6/BugsquashingPartyNight

Useful resources:

Steve Langaseks Bugsquashing HOWTO
  http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/rc-bugsquashing.html

where to find available RC bugs:
  http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php?ignore=sid&ignnew=on&new=7

build logs for failed builds:
  http://buildd.debian.org/

Explanations for missing binaries:
  http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php

Helpful links from Steve's and Peter's talk
  ftp://homer/share/porting/workshop-links.html

Debian Policy:
  http://www.us.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/

Gruesse,
--