RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Problem with growisofs -- cannot write multisession DVDs without ejecting and reloading tray

> It seems that you are using the wrong devices.....

> You started with dev=1,0,0, why did you try to use a different device later on?

Whoops!  Sorry, that was my bad.  I typed this out from memory:

> > cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=1,0,0 -multi /tmp/file.raw

But the later ones I copied directly from the screen.  I am not really switching devices; I just got the machines confused when I typed the first command.

> Given the fact that you did not report about errors from the first write process, I assume that you used the right device.

Yes, I use dev=2,0,0 for the initial cdrecord.  I got this number from cdrecord -scanbus.  Using this device does not generate any errors.

> Given the fact that you could not mount the device, I assume that you used the wrong UNIX device name.

I use /dev/sr0 to mount the device.  I cannot mount the drive, using /dev/sr0 OR /dev/dvd, after the first write without manually reloading the tray. After I reload the tray, /dev/sr0 mounts just fine.  I cannot perform the second write at all, as I said.  From reading the man page, I think I am supposed to use the UNIX device name with the -M in mkisofs, but mkisofs does not like /dev/sr0.  It did attempt to write when I used /dev/dvd, which is a link to /dev/sr1, but I don't know enough about Linux device names to know why.  As I said in my first email, the attempt to write was unsuccessful.

> If there is only on CD-ROM type device on your machine, cdrecord will use the right one without a need to specify dev= - read the man pages....

Yes, I read that in the man pages, but there is a second CD-ROM device that confuses things.  The KVM that this machine is on attaches a "bonus" device via USB, which for some reason shows up as a CD drive at 0,0,0.  This is why I specify the dev.

-Eric J. Richardson