Re: What to use as replacement for Freshmeat ?

Hi,

dale.jolliff@yahoo.com:
> Is GitHub viable?

I could not yet spot whether it has an announcement service
to which distro packagers could subscribe.

I'd need something like a mailing list which drops any
input other than mine. No spam, no support requests or bug
reports, just release announcements.

The advantage of Freshmeat/Freecode was that the procedure
of subscription and unsubscription was a black box to me.
I could not spam people and had not to recover their lost
passwords. Some 40+ subscribers existed, last time i looked.

Is anything positive or negative known about freelists.org ?