BD Drive performance

Seeking recommendations for a new acquisition of BD-RE type drive that will function at rated performance. Internal SATA is desired for the installation.

I presently have one drive operational but it has never performed to rated specs. Normally .5x burns are typical and 1x is possible with special options. (Thanks to Thomas)

I desire to install a BD-RE type of unit into another location but really require rated performance since it is real time burning activity. This installation is not performing unattended backup operations.

Operating system is Ubuntu Linux. Please advise manufacturer and model if you know of any units that actually perform at rated performance levels. If certain media is required then please specify what is known to work for you.

Thank you for your consideration,
James Finnall