Re: BD-R burn errors

Hi,

> Changed it to =spare:none
> and then burned two BD-R at 21 GByte.  Both finished normally and verified.
> The log reports did not include the background format message either.

So this was the unformatted case of BD-R.
No checkreading during write, no replacement of bad blocks,
no pseudo-overwrite at the end of the burn.
So the close track command was welcome and executed.

> Performance was also significantly increased.  It started at 3.4x and then
> normalized around 2.8x.  That is the best I have seen on anything related to
> BD media. [...]
> I would be interested in knowing what can be achieved in performance.  The
> drive is rated at 16x and the media is 6x.

It is supposed to perform with the nominal speed of drive and medium.
So it should be 6 x 4495 MB/s = nearly 27 MB/s.
But the drive may well have decided to restrict itself to 4x on that
medium.

If you got many files in the composition, then possibly the hard disk
filesystem is not fast enough with hopping from file to file.

You could test by first creating an ISO image on a hard disk which
should have lots of free space so that it does not have to heavily
fragment the image file.
Then burn that image to BD-R. Disk performance is supposed to be
much better then ... if it was the bottle neck at all.

> Nice improvement.

Still there is the riddle why dvd+rw-format did not work for you.
(If you try again, please record the message output. I'm curious.)