Re: xorriso: extracting files to stdout

Hi,

first the correction of a deceiving typo in my previous mail:
> So you see any use case where a regular data file should be
> overwritten rather than being replaced ?

I meant "Do" rather than "So":
Do you see any use case where a regular data file should be
overwritten rather than being replaced ?

Musings about -extract and unlinking its target files:

In any case the default of xorriso will stay "unlink any file".
Now i ponder about the non-default options.

The permission to follow symbolic links would have to be separated
from the permission to keep a target file of suitable type linked.
(If my above corrected question yields "yes" then there would be the
 need for a third permission: "do not unlink regular files".)

Further the extraction source might be no regular data file. In this
case it will not be possible to write its content into existing
file objects on hard disk.
If in "do not unlink" mode, shall this lead to refusal or shall
the target object be unlinked and replaced by a copy of the source ?