Re: growisofs 7.1: problem past first layer on BD-R DL

Hi,

> I straced growisofs -dry-run right after the two DL coasters,
> and that showed both the command buffer being sent and the
> response buffer being received.

(And i invested days into implementing an SCSI log.
 That's what i get from not reading manuals.)

> Had I a BD-RE DL, I could test the 32k vs 64k theory with more
> certainty and ease, straight with cdrskin. =)

BD-RE is quite different from BD-R. About as much as DVD-RAM
differs from DVD+R. I assume that the code paths in the firmware
show an according amount of differences.

But of course it would be interesting to see how BD-RE DL
do in comparison to BD-RE SL. The example of BD-R shows that
one has to expect surprises.

> Yes, growisofs reacted to speed=X properly, provided X was
> within drive's abilities.

I will have to investigate. Thanks for reporting.