Re: growisofs 7.1: problem past first layer on BD-R DL

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 09:59:20PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

 >> I straced growisofs -dry-run right after the two DL
 >> coasters, and that showed both the command buffer being sent
 >> and the response buffer being received.

 > (And i invested days into implementing an SCSI log.  That's
 > what i get from not reading manuals.)

cdrskin -V log is much easier to read, doesn't slow down the
process as much and works on all platforms.

 >> Had I a BD-RE DL, I could test the 32k vs 64k theory with
 >> more certainty and ease, straight with cdrskin. =)

 > BD-RE is quite different from BD-R. About as much as DVD-RAM
 > differs from DVD+R. I assume that the code paths in the
 > firmware show an according amount of differences.

If toggling buffer size resulted in the fault, it'd reinforce
the suspicion.  However, if toggling didn't result in the fault,
it wouldn't ruin it, you're quite right.

 > But of course it would be interesting to see how BD-RE DL do
 > in comparison to BD-RE SL. The example of BD-R shows that one
 > has to expect surprises.

Sure.

--
/Dennis Vshivkov <jaimor@orcon.net.nz>