Re: BD-RE - can't create UDF on new disc

Hi,

Gary Dale wrote:
> >    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sr0 bs=2048 count=11826176
> This also fails when booting from sysrecuecd with the same read-only error.

That kills my theory that there went something wrong in the
operating system.

Now i am out of ideas, except diviing into kernel debugging in
order to find out what behavior of the drive makes the systems
believe that the medium is not writable. (Get kernel source,
sprinkle kprintf() over the code parts which implement open(2),
compile, rebooti, try dd, look for messages of you kprintf(),
make theory, plant new kprintf(), ... and so on ...)