Re: Cryptic error message from xorriso

Hi,

> growisofs -M /dev/hdc -R -J -V Daily Daily *.Monday.*
> [...]
> export MKISOFS=xorrisofs
> [...]
> xorriso : aborting : -abort_on 'FAILURE' encountered 'FATAL'
> xorriso : NOTE : -return_with SORRY 32 triggered by problem severity FATAL
> [...]
> I would like to know what this error means, bu have not been able
> to find anything about it.

"-abort_on 'FAILURE' encountered 'FATAL'" is the reaction of higher
program levels on an error message of severity FATAL from the lower
levels. Normally this message should be displayed, too.

I made a test and got these error messages
  libburn : FATAL : Read attempt on write-only drive
  Drive current: -indev 'stdio:/dev/fd/3'
  xorriso : aborting : -abort_on 'FAILURE' encountered 'FATAL'
It still works with xorriso-1.0.0.
So this seems to be a freshly introduced regression.

I will now examine why libburn believes that file descriptor 3
leads to a file that is not readable. (That descriptor is handed
over by growisofs.)
Probably the culprit is this change:
  http://libburnia-project.org/changeset/3586/libburn