Re: What does this error stand for ?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:47:22AM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> As your problem was a timeout at the transport level, there are many possible
> reasons:
>
> -	The drive does not like your medium.
> 	-> Verbatim media is known to cause few to no problems. Try out
>
> -	There is a problem in the cabling or controller
> 	-> try co connect elswhere and with different cables
>
> -	Your OS does not deal well with the controller
> 	-> try a different OS or a different controller
>
> The fact that growisofs might work under some conditions does not prove
> anything in case that the problem is a result of a timing bug in the driver.

Thank for the answer.
I only repported it because of cdrecord request.

I always use cdrecord with those medias and have burn really a hudge
lots of those same media with it, for an unknown reason two medias got
errors with cdrecord and I burned again with growisofs which worked, who
know if cdrecord wouldn't have achieved the same result ?

One thing is sure my media are cheap...

Thank to all writers of those excellent buring programs !!!
--
Grégoire Favre, Chemin de Mallieu 15, 1009 Pully, +41 21 550 61 93
prof -> Gymnase de Chamblandes, Avenue des Désertes 29, 1009 Pully