Re: Linux, ISOFS, multi-extent files: what's the status?

Hi,

Giulio Orsero wrote:
> Isn't the read-ahead thing solved with padding?
> ie mkisofs adds 150k by default since some time, and when burning I've
> always used 1MB of padding (ie cdrecord's padsize=512s), just to be
> safe.

I could not reproduce the bug with anything
else but CD TAO tracks.
Never with CD SAO, never with DVD.

The reason for the TAO problem is known:
Two non-data sectors at the end of the announced
track size.
A simple remedy is not to read the last two
sectors of any CD track together with larger
read chunks, but to always try to read them
separately - if ever needed.

If there are other write modes or media affected,
i would be interested in learning what's going on
there.
Experiments would need a table-of-content of
the media (e.g. by cdrecord -minfo or by
dvd+rw-mediainfo) and program dd. Poke at the
ends of the tracks.