Re: NO SEEK COMPLETE: Input/output error when burning DVD+R DL

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Hi,

growisofs -dvd-compat -speed=2 -Z /dev/sr0=/setup/myFile.iso
/dev/sr0: splitting layers at 1644752 blocks
:-[ SEND DVD+R DOUBLE LAYER RECORDING INFORMATION failed with SK=3h/NO
SEEK COMPLETE]: Input/output error
Any ideas what is the problem and how to overcome it ?

The drive does not like the command that shall
tell it at which address to switch to the
second layer.

The command is issued by  plus_r_dl_split()  in
dvd+rw-tools-7.1/growisofs_mmc.cpp.
I read in the same file:

  if (profile==0x2B && next_track==1 && dvd_compat && leadout)
      plus_r_dl_split (cmd,leadout);

and in growisofs.c

  int    dvd_compat=0, ...
  else if (!strcmp(opt,"-dvd-compat"))
  {   if (poor_man<0) poor_man = 1;
      dvd_compat++;
  else if (!strncmp(opt,"-use-the-force-luke",19))
      if ((o=strstr(s,"dao")))
      {   dvd_compat  += 256;
  else if (!strcmp(opt,"-dvd-video"))
  {   if (poor_man<0) poor_man = 1;
      dvd_compat++,   growisofs_argc++;
So it might be worth to try a run without
options
  -dvd-compat
  -use-the-force-luke=dao
  -dvd-video

I should definitely leave the force unused.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 "We can't solve today's problems by using the same thinking we