Re: Wodim: How to read from stdin?

Hi,

> My goal is to burn a DVD with an existing image over the network.
> Therefore I asked for reading from stdin.

In that case you may use wodim with option
tsize=.
E.g.

  size=$(ls -l /dvdbuffer/fertig.iso | \
         awk '{print $5}')
  cat /dvdbuffer/fertig.iso | \
  ssh "wodim -v dev=0,0,0 tsize=$size -"

The true inability of wodim on DVD is about
images where nobody can predict the size with
reasonable effort.

That should not keep you from trying Andy
Polyakov's growisofs or one of my libburn based
programs. wodim is really not the leading expert
in DVD burning.

I have to add the statement that growisofs with
option
  -use-the-force-luke=dao
will produce a DAO DVD and will automatically
recognize the size of an ISO image if it comes
via stdin. Just like options -sao -isosize with
crskin.
(The size is announced somewhere between block
 16 and 31. So this is no black magic.)