Re: is my drive defect - request for comments

Hi,

I wrote

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> This claim is of course wrong.

MMC-5 says:
"6.15.3 Command Processing
 The block size for the READ (10) command shall be 2048 bytes.
 If the block size of a requested sector is not 2048, the Drive shall:
 1. Terminate the command with CHECK CONDITION status,
 2. Set sense bytes SK/ASC/ASCQ to ILLEGAL REQUEST/ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK,
"

man cdrecord says:
       -raw96r
              Select Set RAW writing mode with 2352 byte sectors plus 96 bytes

No 2048 bytes. No READ (10).
This matches my own observations with write
capacity (is higher) and block device read(2)
(fails with i/o error).