Re: cdrecord floating point exception

Sorry to chime in again.

Jörg Schilling is playing the funny guy twisting facts again:

On Mo, 02 Feb 2009, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >  1) cdrecord writes to CDs.
> >
> >  2) cdrecord gets DVD writing code added and becomes cdrecord-ProDVD
> >     which is not free software.  The free version of cdrecord continues
> >     to exist, without DVD writing capability.
>
> cdrecord-ProDVD becomes free for everyone
>
> later, someone takes parts of the cdrecord DVD code by reverse engineering and
> publishes patches that cause cdrecord to fail even with CD media.

You are lying: Proof:

>From your website: ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/README:

        NOTE: the DVD-recording drivers have been added to the OpenSource
        part on May 15th 2006 with cdrtools-2.01.01a09.

That was 2006.

The first patch for adding DVD support to cdrecord I found in 1min
searching was for cdrecord 1.11a08:
	http://www.abcpages.com/~mache/cdrecord-dvd.html
cdrecord 1.11 was already released before 2001. At that time
cdrecord-ProDVD was for sure not free.

One of the Debian bug reports discussing that #248187 starts Sun, 9 May
2004 for cdrtools release 2.0+a30

Guys please see the the reality WHO is lying here.

Or is Schillings missing at least 5 years???

Norbert

CAMER (n.)
A mis-tossed caber.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff