Re: cdrecord floating point exception

Parker Jones <zoubidoo@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I tried cdrecord because growisofs didn't work (see thread about a fortnight ago).  So this may not be software related.  But it would still be nice to get a clear error message indicating what has gone wrong.

Without knowing the media manufacturer, it is hard to tell
what might have been wrong.

GIGABYTE is a mainboard manufacturer and the drives they make
are partially produced under license and partially self made.
This is what I have been told from the company at a CeBIT visit.
Anyway, you have a drive that is most likely produced in camparable
low volumes.

If a drive does not like a medium, cdrecord usually prints error messages that
allow to make conclusions on the problem. You therefore should kill hald and
retry and report the output from cdrecord -v -minfo

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)