Re: Thoughts on writing CD from stdin

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

-  Use cdrecord (or one of the plug-compatible substitutes) in TAO
   burning mode.

Rather than one of the "raw" modes? I found several posts suggesting that the magic was 'raw96r' or similar. I believe I tried that, as well as -sao, -tao, and -dao, but I can repeat the test easily.

People who recommend -raw96r instead of -sao usually suffer from the hald bug on Linux that causes hald to distrurb CD writing.

The best solution for that problem is to kill hald ;-)

kill -STOP ` pgrep hald `

Noted. Since the only mode which seems to have a hope of working is TAO from what people have said, raw96r seems to be a side track. And I would certainly edit the configuration rather than just kill hal and do all the associated work by hand.,

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still