NEW features of cdrtools-2.01.01a68:
NOTE: cdrtools is currently in a state of a release candidate for the next
- VMS rules for libraries not create an archive XXX.olb instead of libXXX.a
- schily/utypes.h enhanced to allow to define maxint_t which is
missing on VMS
- Better autoconf test for union wait vs. int for platforms that
define union wait but use int as wait() parameter.
- schily/vfork.h now includes unistd.h as the related definitions
are there on Solaris
- Fixed a configure bug with opendir() inherited from GNU autoconf
- Enhanced the vfork() autoconf test to avoid a hang on VMS
- libschily/spawn.c now uses vfork()
- libschily/fexec.c now supports IO redirection on VMS
Libparanoia (Ported/enhanced by Jörg Schilling, originated by Monty firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Some #define inline definitions removed as "inline" is already
handled by schily/mconfig.h
Libedc (Optimized by Jörg Schilling, originated by Heiko Eißfeldt email@example.com):
- Fixed a typo in idcache.c
- Some changes for better VMS support
- Removed a warning from the HP-UX C-compiler about a possible endless loop
- Add the VMS C-compiler to the list of exceptions for not fully C99 compliant
compilers to allow compilation.
- changed a include path in libscg/scsi-mac-iokit.c to allow
compilation on "Snow Leopard"
- Added a workaround for a firmware oddity with DVD+RW on
'_NEC ' 'DVD_RW ND-3500AG' with media written from other drives.
Cdda2wav (Maintained/enhanced by Jörg Schilling, originated by Heiko Eißfeldt firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Added a forgotten modification in ringbuff.c that caused an abort due to
a wrong assert() condition.
Mkisofs (Maintained/enhanced by Jörg Schilling since 1997, originated by Eric Youngdale):
- Fixed a bug (writing to stdout instead of stderr) recently introduced with better
RR recognition support.
- "isoinfo" now supports iconv() based locales for Joliet.
- Add the HELIOS UNICODE mapping code. This needs to be done
at UCS-2 level for Joliet and UDF (instead of UTF-8) and only
for Rock Ridge (in case of a UTF-8 based target locale) using
UTF-8 based translations.
- Make the Apple extensions work again with "mkisofs -find"
- Support correct inode numbers for UDF hardlinks
- Support sockets, pipes, char/blk-dev specials with UDF
- read Joliet filenames with multi-session if no TRANS.TBL
or RR is present. I am looking for a volunteer for this task!
Note that this can never be 100% correct as there is no relation
between the names on the master (UNIX) filesystem, the ISO-9660
names and the Joliet names. Only the Rock Ridge names are
untranslated with respect to the original files on the
master (UNIX) filesystem.
- add libecc/edc for CDI and similar.
EMail:email@example.com (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
firstname.lastname@example.org (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/
URL: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/ ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily