Re: Announcing cdrskin-0.7.2

Hi,

> Then please inform your users that you cannot grant correctly written
> CDs on Lite-ON drives and

libburn works fine with my olde LITE-ON
LTR-48125S CD-RW burner.

> that you will not be able to write SVCDs on Pioneer drives.

(Harrumph)

Users ! You might not be able to write SVCDs on Pioneer drives !

(Good so ?)

Users, please also note:

I have no idea how to write SVCD on any drive.

libburn does Mode 1 (-data) and Audio tracks.
To mix them on the same media will possibly not
work in your old CD player in the living room.
If the player is actually a little computer then
this ban on mixing will not be an issue.

There are rumors that one would need Mode 2
for multi-session CDs. The only real hint for
this are statements in ECMA-168 which have no
influence on CD or on ISO 9660 (ECMA-119).
The rumored prescription cannot apply to Audio
as this is mutually exclusive with Mode 2.
The rumored prescription cannot be essential
with computer attached CD-ROM drives as i have
a lot of experience with multi-session Mode 1
CDs meanwhile.