Re: ide-scsi -> write_g1: scsi sendcmd: fatal error

Hi,

> However, when "legacy /proc/scsi support" is enabled in a
> fresh kernel the performance and returned error remains the same.

That /proc/scsi stuff is for diagnostics. So no
remedy was to be expected. But what do you get now
from this ?
  cat /proc/scsi/scsi

And from this ?
  ls -d /sys/bus/scsi/devices/0:0:0:0/*:*
(it should tell the various addresses of
 the burner: sg?, sr0, 0:0:0:0 )

Did  cdrecord dev=/dev/sr0  show any other
behavior than dev=0,0,0 ?

You could try cdrskin instead of cdrecord.
Same arguments as with cdrecord (but no rscsi).
Possibly different error messages.

If this all does not bring insight, then you will
have to try living without using ide-scsi.
How about remote commands like:

  cat dsl-1.1.iso | ssh ... 'cdrecord dev=ATA:0,1,0 -tao -'

  cat dsl-1.1.iso | \
    ssh ... 'cdrskin dev=ATA:0,1,0 -dao -isosize padsize=300k -'

(According to man cdrecord, -isosize cannot be
 used with stdin. cdrskin allows this for the
 first track. So one can use -dao or -sao.)

Is it sure at all that rscsi will not work
with "/dev/hdb" (concluded from "ATA:0,1,0")
rather than "0,0,0" (plus ide-scsi) ?

I see a discussion thread from last year:
  http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2008/06/msg00026.html
How far did you get with that ?
Did it work finally ?