Re: ide-scsi -> write_g1: scsi sendcmd: fatal error

Hi,

me:
> > Then try
> >   cdrecord dev=/dev/sr0 -dao ...
> > [...]
> > This is deprecated too. But maybe it works.

Joerg Schilling:
> Is there any reson to recommend _unsupported_ command line usage?

For a test: yes.
After all, eject was able to send a
LOAD/UNLOAD MEDIUM command to the drive.
If the SCSI transport was totally unusable
then this would not have succeeded either.

Actually the kernel people strongly recommend
not to use /dev/sg* for CD burning.
So if Fog_Watch interfaces to those people
then this might be an issue.

> cdrecord works just fine out of the box if you either
> _don't_ use dev= at all

That is a further test proposal.
Fog_Watch, please try this too.

> If it does not work this way, there is a bug in the kernel code.

Something appears wrong, indeed.
The /proc tree seems truncated.

I try to provide the necessary knowledge
on the burn side of the problem. The
kernel side will need other expertise.