Re: ide-scsi -> write_g1: scsi sendcmd: fatal error

Hi,

> >   cdrecord -scanbus
> Full record.

Something like this ?

scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'TSSTcorp' 'CDDVDW SH-S203B ' 'SB00' Removable CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) *
        ..

(This is a SATA attached drive. It appears
  as SCSI without ide-scsi emulation.)

> >   eject /dev/sr0
> Yes.

Then try
  cdrecord dev=/dev/sr0 -dao ...
rather than
  cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -dao ...

This is deprecated too. But maybe it works.
I understand that cdrecord uses /dev/sg*
if you give it dev=0,0,0.
(We have a wealth of SCSI drivers in Linux.)

> >   eject /dev/scd0
> Don't have one.

That's normal. There are two sects of distro
makers. Yours are in favor of "sr", others
prefer "scd", generous ones provide both.

> [...] find . | grep scsi && cat sys/dev/scsi/logging_level
> ./sys/dev/scsi
> ./sys/dev/scsi/logging_level

That is really strange. I got 15 files below
/proc/scsi. Like:
  ./scsi/usb-storage
  ./scsi/sg
  ./scsi/scsi

I do not have a system with no (pseudo-)SCSI
devices. So i cannot tell whether the lack of
/proc/scsi is normal.
(On the other hand /dev/sr0 works for eject.
So somehow the system knows the drive as SCSI.)

Do you have any USB device attached ?
Usually they should show up like
  /proc/scsi/usb-storage/85
  /proc/scsi/usb-storage/28
  /proc/scsi/usb-storage/21

What do you see if you boot without ide-scsi ?
Do you get a directory /proc/scsi then ?
(Could it be ide-scsi confuses /proc ?)

Well, if no more insight can be gained, it
is time to ask some kernel people. I would
first try at Gentoo, because as said: ide-scsi
is not advised for 2.6 kernels.

At least one can ask why /proc shows no signs
of scsi info.
(If you meet unwillingness to deal with cdrecord,
i could offer my own burn program cdrskin for
testing.)