Re: cdrtools 2.01.01a59: Compiling problems

Marcus Roeckrath <marcus.roeckrath@gmx.de> wrote:

> while a58 compiles fine on eisfair compilation of a59 wasn't succesful; I
> got lots of this errors:
>
>  ../../include/schily/schily.h:173: error: conflicting types for 'fexecve'
> /usr/include/unistd.h:462: error: previous declaration of 'fexecve' was
> here
> ../../include/schily/schily.h:173: error: conflicting types for 'fexecve'
> /usr/include/unistd.h:462: error: previous declaration of 'fexecve' was
> here

A similar "problem" ha sbeen reported yesterday already and is a result of
trickingout autoconf at your side.

POSIX.1-2998 violates POSIX as it defines interfaces that are in conflict
with public interfaces used in 1982 already. fexec* is such an illegal
interface and libschily inplements the official interface as published in 1982.

This however is not a problem a the makefile system provides an autoconf test
that implements a workaround. You just should not confuse autoconf by using
autoconf results from previous compile runs.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)