Re: Odd messages from cdrecord

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

Let me know if more information is useful.

Looks as if the attachment got stripped by the incoming mailer, let me try another type...

The message you probaly refer to would be correct for the original DVD-R
from 1997 I wrote the cdrecord DVD driver for. All current DVD-R media is prerecorded. I need to find a way to properly detect that the message does not apply without preventing cdrecord from working correclty with the
DVD-R media that allows to write CSS data.

Thanks for the info. Is that in any way related to the long delay before the burn starts? Almost half the total time is spent before the actual burn starts? Or is that an unrelated issue?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
   - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.