Re: dvd+rw-tools 7.1: Compiling problems on new eisfair2

while never having problems to compile on the eisfair1-serverproject I'm unable to compile dvd+rw-tools on the upcoming eisfair2.

I got:

eisfair2 # make
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/dvd+rw-tools-7.1'
g++ -O2 -fno-exceptions -D_REENTRANT -c -o growisofs_mmc.o growisofs_mmc.cpp
In file included from growisofs_mmc.cpp:17:
transport.hxx: In member function ‘int Scsi_Command::is_reload_needed(int)’:
transport.hxx:366: error: ‘INT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [growisofs_mmc.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dvd+rw-tools-7.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Eisfair2 depends on Ubuntu 8 having:

g++ (GCC) 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)

gcc (GCC) 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)

GNU Make 3.81

glibc 2.7

Is there something missing on my new eisfair2?

Note that INT_MAX is not referred in dvd+rw-tools source, CDSL_CURRENT from linux/cdrom.h is. The latter is the problem. Generally header files are expected to be self-contained, in other words it should suffice to include linux/cdrom.h alone to use interfaces described in it. linux/cdrom.h used to be self-contained and one found in glibc-kernheaders package still is, it's pristine kernel header that is not self-contained anymore. It probably should be classified as kernel header bug (as I have no formal way of knowing that a documented macro would require any other particular header). But one way or another, if you ought to compile this very moment, you should be able to 'make WARN=-DINT_MAX=0x7fffffff'. Cheers. A.