Re: What options should I have for files bigger than 2G ? (cdrecord and mkisofs)

Gregoire Favre <gregoire.favre@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 06:44:07PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>
> > What is "different"?
>
> Different is not the same.
> I don't understand why when I write a large file with cdrecord and
> mkisofs it's md5sum change and when I burn it with nero it stay the
> same.

The logical structure of the resulting ISO images that contain large files
have been carefully examined and appear to be 100% correct. The fact that you
may have problems with reading these filesystem on Linux does not prove anything
related to mkisofs unless you are able to verify a problem in the data created by
mkisofs.

As you do not give any information that could help to find the cause for your
private problem, I cannot help you.

Please note that your mail up to now only contains the vague information that
there may be a problem in either Linux or mkisofs. As I verified the output
created by mkisofs, I tend to believe that your problem is caused by Linux.

If you like to convince me, you need to supply information on your problem....

The minimum information needed in order to continue is information on where
and how the original file differs from the file seen by Linux from the ISO FS.

> So my conclusion is that cdrecord+mkisofs+"my options"+"my linux" have
> together a but, which isn't shown with nero+"my linux".

This is of course a wrong conclusion again, see above.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)