Re: Growisofs input cache (get away from dd?)

Hi,

> I found out, that growisofs uses the option O_DIRECT when opening files.

That's astounding indeed.
At least in libburn i never had reason to do this.

> I do not know much about the DVD burn process is really
> performed in Linux.

It is not directly related to DVD or the Linux transport
mechanism for our commands (SG_IO). The reason must
rather be in some use case on the input side.

In your situation i would test whether removing O_DIRECT
solves your problem and eventually ask Andy for taking
your results into respect.