Re: Problems mounting DVD-RWs written with growisofs

>> Related question is if DVD-R suffers from same problem...
>
> Here the mediainfo of a dvd-r written on the same system a few month ago

I assume you had no problems reading this recording...

> showing the same 2045 value:
>
> INQUIRY:                [PLEXTOR ][DVDR   PX-740A  ][1.00]
> GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION:
>  Mounted Media:         11h, DVD-R Sequential
> READ DVD STRUCTURE[#10h]:
>  Media Book Type:       00h, DVD-ROM book [revision 0]
>  Legacy lead-out at:    2298496*2KB=4707319808
> READ DVD STRUCTURE[#0h]:
>  Media Book Type:       25h, DVD-R book [revision 5]
>  Last border-out at:    2045*2KB=4188160

I can imagine this can confuse DVD-ROM players capable of multi-border
DVD-R playback (there aren't many, but they can be found in the wild),
possibly even recorders of different brands. But if it works for you,
then it works for you. But naturally it doesn't change the fact that
it's something fishy about this firmware, because this is not compliant
with specification. As implied earlier last border-out should point at
the end of last recorded track.

> READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
>  Track State:           complete incremental
>  Track Start Address:   0*2KB
>  Free Blocks:           0*2KB
>  Track Size:            813696*2KB
>  Last Recorded Address: 813695*2KB
> READ CAPACITY:          813696*2048=1666449408

This values appear sane and are consistent with each other, so my
assumption holds, doesn't it? Cheers. A.