packet-writing write-once media

Hallo,

Anybody successfully packet writing to a write-once media like DVD-R? I see it's possible with some windows programs and linux kernel claims to support UDF 0x0150 which introduced VAT but I can't figure out how to prepare the media for the writing with neither cdrwtool, dvd+rw-format, mkudffs (and I searched a lot).

As well I don't have a windows machine around to try preparing media on it and then put in my drive. Would it be possible for somebody to prepare a DVD+/-R media for packet writing on windows and post some headers one can write?

Please CC me on replies.

Thanks much!