Re: Issues with cdrsin and USB devices on RHEL5

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> For now i seem to have put a patch on the problems.
> After the upcoming release i will reconsider that
> topic and make some larger changes in the Linux adapter
> of libburn.

What du you understand by "the linux adaptor"?

Your software is not portable, so why do you have an "adaptor"?

Are you are talking about the way you probably deal with /dev/ entries
in order to access SCSI? Then it is nice to see that all people who told me
that cdrecord is doing things wrong _and_ created patches for cdrecord
ended up in cdrecord variants that do no longer work while the original
cdrecord still works ;-)

It seems that libscg still contains the best abstraction from the transient
Linux kernel interfaces...

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)