Re: Issues with cdrsin and USB devices on RHEL5

Hi,

> > You may push it towards /dev/scdN by adding option
> > drive_scsi_dev_family=scd
>
> If I use
> # cdrskin drive_scsi_dev_family=scd --devices
> I get
> ====
> cdrskin 0.4.8 : limited cdrecord compatibility wrapper for libburn
> *** buffer overflow detected ***: cdrskin terminated

Arghh. I believe know where this comes from.

libburn/sg-linux.c , line :

        char fname[10];

should be at least

	char fname[11]

as it gets filled with texts like "/dev/scd12"
which is of length 10.

It is about time i release the next version.

> On Linux you can check if an IDE device is disk or cdrom before doing
> anything:
> 2.4, 2.6
> # cat /proc/ide/hda/media
> disk
> # cat /proc/ide/hdc/media
> cdrom

Thanks for this hint. I will include it in my
non-opening device estimations.