Re: Announcing xorriso-0.1.6

Hi,

> I was more aiming this at xorriso,

Any testing and report is appreciated.

Re-reading my first answer it comes to
me that it will work better with a single
drive if you copy the existing image from
media to disk and use the burner rather for
writing directly to the media.
Like :
  $ dd if=/dev/sr0 of=/my/dd/copy/of/image ...
  $ xorriso \
    -indev stdio:/my/dd/copy/of/image \
    -outdev /dev/sr0 \

As Vreixo confirmed, it would also work with
an appendable or overwriteable media holding
the previous bootable ISO session:
  $ xorriso -dev /dev/sr0 ...

> since that already does most of what's needed, and Thomas
> may be more inclined to prove it can be done than explain why it
> can't.

About insight and explanation i better point to
Vreixo, who does development in libisofs.

xorriso just uses two API calls to tell libisofs
to patch or to discard the boot image which was
found when loading the previous ISO session.
The user tells xorriso whether patching seems
worthwhile.