Re: WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error (DL)

Hi,

> _all_ other OS forbid to send SCSI commands
> from a normal user account.

There are obviously workarounds for that restriction.
As soon as the demand occurs i will try to learn.
In worst case i would propose some client-server
architecture.

Another approach would be to create a new interface
level inside libburn and to make use of an
external MMC library rather than of our own MMC
command functions. (I have seen man pages for MacOS
describing such a thing.)
There would still remain a lot of own functionality
above its SCSI oriented source modules mmc.c, spc.c, sbc.c.

> Please start explaining why you did not use libscg which grants portability
> for software that likes to send SCSI commands to arbitrary targets.....

That is because the reason for starting cdrskin was
my wish to have a CD burn program which has no
hostile relationship with Linux kernel people.
Zero cdrecord ancestry is a design goal.
(We have had enough clones, hadn't we ?)

My DVD adventures came only later.
It would indeed be worthwhile to implement on libscg
an application which makes full use of contemporary
DVD specs. But actually, i leave that to you.

It is not bad to have multiple burn programs.
They allow us to explore drive peculiarities.
If only Nero had the politeness to misburn one
or two of Gregoire's DVD+R DL. Grrr.