Re: Problem in 'Closing session' with dvd+rw-tools-7.0

I am having a problem burning DVD-Rs on a Pioneer DVR-109 (running
firmware version 1.58).

The burning process goes fast but it chokes on "Closing Session" without
giving any errors. After about 15 minutes or so, the program will exit
without any errors but issuing `dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/dvd` shows the
following:

INQUIRY:                [PIONEER ][DVD-RW  DVR-109 ][1.58]
GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION:
 Mounted Media:         11h, DVD-R Sequential
READ DVD STRUCTURE[#0h]:
 Media Book Type:       25h, DVD-R book [revision 5]
 Last border-out at:    2045*2KB=4188160
READ DISC INFORMATION:
 Disc status:           appendable
 Number of Sessions:    1
 State of Last Session: reserved/damaged
 "Next" Track:          1
 Number of Tracks:      1
READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
 Track State:           complete incremental
 Track Start Address:   0*2KB
 Free Blocks:           0*2KB
 Track Size:            2257936*2KB
 Last Recorded Address: 2234063*2KB
READ CAPACITY:          2234064*2048=4575363072

Note Last border-out and READ CAPACITY. Normally these values would be same. Something went terribly wrong and I'd say it smells media defect in lead-in area. Note that you're also expected to "provide versioning information, exact command line, exact output generated by the program." A.