Re: WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error (DL)

Hi,

> Cdrskin in addition is based on a library that
> is based on specific security "holes" in Linux.

Could you describe those holes ?

> Porting it to other platforms will result in insufficient
> privilleges for sending SCSI commands

So you can predict properties of future
software with yet undefined target operating
systems ?

> I am not sure whether the lib is prepared for this.

You could learn. It is open source.

Actually the system dependent code is consolidated
in two source modules which implement some defined
interfaces.
Inside its interface implementations, the system
adapters are free and obliged to act as the host
system demands it for CD/DVD/BD burning.

So the adapter implementation on Linux is indeed
Linux-centric - and that is good so.

> The typical _users_ of such a lib are expected to be
> GUIs.
> [...] classified to be a security problem.

My own apps on top of libburn are command line
programs: cdrskin and xorriso.