Blu-Ray, Java, free software

I found this note on InfoWorld today, linking Blu-Ray, Java, and a free software repository. On the off chance that the story and the links in it are useful to someone, I am posting the link.

On the other hand, the suspicious paranoid in me wonders this: if there is really a JVM in a Blu-Ray player, would it be possible for someone to hide a virus in a Blu-Ray disk, such that it would do something unpleasant when a disk was mounted or played. While most of these are on dumb stuff like TVs, have you ever read the list of software licenses mentioned in a typical HDTV boot? Maybe my HDTV is running Linux inside, I wouldn't fall off my chair to learn that it does!

Enjoy.
--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still