Re: refresh options and the best GUI

Hi,

> How can I refresh a backup of directory as Nero doing in windows ?

By xorriso:
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/xorriso_eng.html
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/README_xorriso
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/xorriso-0.2.8.pl01.tar.gz

> please specify the options as backup to a DVD Data directory .

>From man xorriso

   Incremental backup of a few directory trees
       This  does  the  following  to  directories  /open_source_project   and
       /personal_mail  in  the  ISO  image:  create  them if not existing yet,
       compare them with their disk counterparts, add disk file objects  which
       are  missing  yet,  overwrite  those  which  are different on disk, and
       delete those which have vanished on disk.  But do not add or  overwrite
       files matching *.o, *.swp.
       $ xorriso -dev /dev/sr0 \
        -volid PROJECTS_MAIL_"$(date '+%Y_%m_%d_%H%M%S')" \
        -not_leaf '*.o' -not_leaf '*.swp' \
        -update_r /home/thomas/open_source_projects /open_source_projects \
        -update_r /home/thomas/personal_mail /personal_mail \
        -commit -toc -eject all
       To  be  used several times on the same media, whenever an update of the
       two disk trees to the media is desired.  Begin  with  blank  media  and
       start  a  new  blank  media when the run fails due to lack of remaining
       space on the old one.
       This makes sense  if  the  full  backup  leaves  substantial  remaining
       capacity on media and if the expected changes are much smaller than the
       full backup.  An update run will probably save no time but last  longer
       than a full backup.
       With  mount  option  -o  "sbsector=" on Linux resp. -s on FreeBSD it is
       possible to access the session trees which represent the  older  backup
       versions.  With  CD media, Linux mount accepts session numbers directly
       by its option "session=".
       Multi-session media and most overwriteable media written by xorriso can
       tell the sbsectors of their sessions by xorriso option -toc.
       Sessions  on  multi-session media are separated by several MB of unused
       blocks.  So  with  small  sessions  the  payload  capacity  can  become
       substantially  lower  than the overall media capacity. If the remaining
       space on media does not suffice for the next gap, the drive is supposed
       to close the media automatically.
       Better  do  not  use your youngest backup for -update_r.  Have at least
       two media which you  use  alternatingly.  So  only  older  backups  get
       endangered  by  the  new  write  operation,  while the newest backup is
       stored safely on a different media.  Always have a blank media ready to
       perform  a  full  backup  in  case  the  update  attempt  fails  due to
       insufficient remaining capacity.

> What is the best GUI interface

There is no GUI for xorriso yet.

> used to manifest cdrecord options ?

It is not about the burn program but about
the ISO 9660 generator program. So your question
is rather towards mkisofs.

(I am curious what the answer will be.)