Re: Problems mounting DVD-RWs written with growisofs

Marcus Roeckrath wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Am Freitag, 21. November 2008 20:56 schrieb Thomas Schmitt:

growisofs -use-the-force-luke=dao -Z /dev/sr2
-use-the-force-luke=notry,tty Is such a construct - multiple use of
-use-the-force-luke parameters - allowed?
Yes it is. As often as you want.

Fine, because of my test I assumed it can be done that way.

Strange: "notry,tty" is not among them.

Little typo missing "a": notray

I cannot spot any comma interpretation.

This comma seperated option is added by the frontend webcdwriter/CDWserver (Pro-Version).

I'm not a C programmer having greater experience f. e. in pascal but the corresponding part of the code

{   s++;
    if (strstr(s,"tty"))        no_tty_check = 1;
    if (strstr(s,"dummy"))      test_write   = 1;

and so on
compares if the constant string f. e. tty is part of s. I think all if lines are in action even a previous if statement return true.

If this explanation is right all comma seperated values should be found.

That really looks like an unintended capability, but I agree that it should work.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still