As the fixes made in reaction of the coverity tests may introduce
new problems, please test.
NEW features of cdrtools-2.01.01a41:
NOTE: cdrtools is currently in a state just before a new major release.
- several modification have been made to fix warning messages from
a "coverity" test run.
Libparanoia (Ported/enhanced by Jörg Schilling, originated by Monty firstname.lastname@example.org):
Libedc (Optimized by Jörg Schilling, originated by Heiko Eißfeldt email@example.com):
Cdda2wav (Maintained/enhanced by Jörg Schilling, originated by Heiko Eißfeldt firstname.lastname@example.org):
- New option -auto for fully automated tests
- Restructured for better results
Mkisofs (Maintained/enhanced by Jörg Schilling since 1997, originated by Eric Youngdale):
- Fixed a bug in the graft -root code from Patrik Ohly thanks to
Ben Korvemaker <email@example.com> FreeBSD for reporting.
- Add the HELIOS UNICODE mapping code. This needs to be done
at UCS-2 level for Joliet and UDF (instead of UTF-8) and only
for Rock Ridge (in case of a UTF-8 based target locale) using
UTF-8 based translations.
- Make the Apple extensions work again with "mkisofs -find"
- Support correct inode numbers for UDF hardlinks
- Support sockets, pipes, char/blk-dev specials with UDF
- read Joliet filenames with multi-session if no TRANS.TBL
or RR is present. I am looking for a volunteer for this task!
Note that this can never be 100% correct as there is no relation
between the names on the master (UNIX) filesystem, the ISO-9660
names and the Joliet names. Only the Rock Ridge names are
untranslated with respect to the original files on the
master (UNIX) filesystem.
- add libecc/edc for CDI and similar.
CYGWIN NT-4.0 NOTES:
To compile on Cygwin32, get Cygwin and install it.
For more information read README.win32
The files are located on:
NOTE: These tar archives are 100% POSIX compatible. GNU tar may get some
minor trouble. If you like a 100% POSIX compliant tar, get star from
WARNING: Do not use 'winzip' to extract the tar file!
Winzip cannot extract symbolic links correctly.