Re: Question about CDrecod DOS

Roberto,

The process of burning a cd has two stages (in the simplest case).  In one stage you create an image to burn onto the cd, and in the second stage you burn that image.

cdrecord does only the second stage.  To use it you need what is known as an ISO image (from ISO9660, the ISO standard that specifies the image details).  Usually you use the program "mkisofs" (make ISO file system) to create the image.  The output of mkisofs is a file, and then you burn that file to cd with a command like:  cdrecord -vv filename.  (The -vv is option and makes cdrecord print lots of messages as it burns.)  I use it in UNIX, so there are probably some details that are different in the cygwin version, but the basics are the same.