Re: Help: Burning multisession DVD+R with cdrecord 2.01.01a37

Eric Wanchic <ewanchic@qwest.net> wrote:

> Summarizing a Long story: I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 gutsy, and I've been
> working/researching for almost one week on how to create a multisession
> DVD+R for backing up. I've moved from growisofs to genisoimage to wodim,

genisoimage is extremely buggy and should be avoided, use mkisofs.

wodim does not even support to write DVD+R correctly at all.

> finally to cdrecord cdrecord 2.01.01a37. I manually installed cdrecord
> 2.01.01a37 from smake. I seem to be able to create the first track with
> mkisofs and burn with cdrecord. It is mountable and readable. But when I
> get ready to do the second track with cdrecord -msinfo dev=3,0,0; it
> states:
>
> cdrecord: Cannot read first writable address

I internally have a multiborder aware version of cdrecord but this has not yet
been published.

Cdrecord did not write the medium in a way that allows appending - see
cdrecord -info output.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)