Re: How to "blank" / "zero out" / "nullify" a dvd-rw?

"j t" <mark473@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow - that's a lot of information. I can now see that my understanding
> (i.e. dvd-rw and dvd+rw were the same) was very wrong!

Well, DVD-RW is better. You should use it in the right mode, the mode that
is used by cdrecord.

You should try to use cdrecord blank=all or cdrecord blank=all on the medium
in order to bring it back into usability if it was used by growisofs before.

Later, when using cdrecord for writing, it is sufficient to use
cdrecord blank=fast to make it usable again.

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)