Re: cdrecord problems

Hi,

Bill Davidsen:
> I did recently discover that it [cdrskin] has limitations
> doing odd raw burns, but that's not a usual requirement,

Would it be indiscrete to ask for the use case and what
cdrecord write mode option you wanted to apply ?

libburn contains code for raw write modes and i implemented
in cdrskin option -raw96r without knowing much of the
technical background.

But to my experience this mode is unappealing for data
recording although it allows higher throughput and
capacity:
- The time sharing granularity of my system becomes awful,
- one of my drives can become totally unusable afterwards,
- the higher capacity is at expense of less error detection
  and correction.

Nevertheless, if you give me hints about what and why then
i would begin and try to learn about subchannels and all.