Re: cdrecord problems

Hi all,

Joerg Schilling:
> Correct, but it does not make sense at all to try wodim.
Chris Ahlstrom:
> Give it up, man!

Let me clarify the technical side of the problem.
It is interesting enough.

Number one of the try-to-do list is original cdrecord.

Nevertheless i rather do not expect it to have
much more success than wodim as the affected code
seems to be quite old.

My knowledge about the peculiar behavior with
mode page 05h was gained with libburn by experimental
code modifications. I.e. not related to cdrecord or
wodim code but experiencing good reasons for wodim's
refusal.

The open question is how to set CD write parameters
to a drive which dislikes mode page 05h. I am not
aware of any other method to control writing of
CD-R (or DVD-R).

The answer may possibly be found by experiments with
a GSA-H30N. (Is it on SATA ?)
I am willing to provide experimental code.

One should try to find out wether all GSA-H30N behave
this way and why this does leave so few traces in
Google.
Are any other owners of an (Hitachi-) LG GSA-H30N
around ?