Re: cdrecord problems

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> > I want to use cdrecord to burn a CD,
> >  wodim: No write mode specified.
>
> You are actually using the cdrecord fork of the cdrkit
> project, which is affiliated with Debian.
>
> Original cdrecord is available at
>   ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
> Most recent is
>   cdrtools-2.01.01a31.tar.gz
>

> But i would expect your problem is not about
> the differences of cdrecord and wodim.
>
> > cdrecord -v dev=1,0,0 myimg.iso
> > wodim: Asuming -tao mode.
> > Identification : 'DVD-RAM GSA-H30N'
> > wodim: Drive does not support TAO recording.
> > wodim: Illegal write mode for this drive.

1) The original does not need a write mode and defaults to SAO mode
	but even this would not work with the defective fork.

2) There are several hints in the output that the problem
	is caused by removed tests and warning messages.
	Parts os the output do not look serious.

I did see many reports from people who have been completely unable
to do anything useful with the "fork", this is why I prepared
this information page:

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/linux-dist.html

Note that not only cdrecord is affected by the bug introduced by the
fork. The mkisofs "replacement" from the fork is also full of bugs.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)